v4.44.444 - 2023
All Sprout Plugins added Craft 4 compatibility at version
4.44.444 and are built on top of the new Sprout Framework
Sprout for Craft 4 and provides a familiar author experience, introduces a simplified plugin architecture with the Sprout Framework module, and removes the need for a number of dependencies that were causing several permission and migration issues on Craft 3 websites. Designers and developers will want to read through these upgrade notes carefully - several things have changed.
Prepare to upgrade
- Review all upgrade guides for Craft and Sprout to prepare for your upgrade
- Review the 'Breaking Changes' section of the Sprout Module changelogs
- Confirm that all of the Sprout plugins that you want to upgrade are available on Craft 4
- Confirm that you have a migration path for any plugins that will not be available on Craft 4
- Update to the latest version of Craft 3
- Update all installed Sprout plugins to the most recent version on Craft 3
- Upgrade to Craft 4 (This step will trigger Sprout migrations for plugins with the same name)
- Install any Sprout plugins with new names to trigger their respective migrations
Craft 3 Migration Path
Avoid incremental updates to older versions of Craft and Sprout.
THERE IS A BETTER WAY
4.44.444 added Craft 4 support, introduced a new plugin architecture, and solved several migration issues that had arisen in the older architecture. Before upgrading to Craft 4 and Sprout
4.44.444, upgrade your site to the latest version of Craft 3.x and the most recent Sprout releases on Craft 3 all in one go.
We recommend avoiding incremental upgrades (e.g. from
3.4, etc.) as Craft 3 and Sprout did not play nicely together between Craft
3.7 and many of those issues are resolved if you can upgrade to the most recent version of Sprout on the latest version of Craft 3 with a single migration.
To upgrade Craft and Sprout to a version earlier than Craft
3.7.x and Sprout
4.40.x, please review the Installing & Updating section in the Sprout v3 documentation for the specific plugins you are updating.
All Sprout modules
- See CHANGELOG-CORE for a full list of changes
- All Twig variables now use the
- All Default templates sets can now be included from the site template root
- All Example templates can now be included from the site template root
- All plugin settings are now managed in their respective modules
- Plugins no longer support an Alternate Name setting
- Any references to Sprout Project Config settings keys will need to be updated
- All custom APIs have new routes and namespaces